Thursday, April 30, 2015

Macrame Bracelet

I have these jade beads for quite sometime now and I didn't know what to do with them until I saw some Macrame bracelet at a store recently. Since Mother's Day is around the corner, I thought it would be nice to do a tutorial on this, just for this occasion.


Materials Needed


I'm using the thicker thread but there are many sizes available and you can get them cheaper from the hardware store and here are some example of the various beads you can use as a clasp for the bracelet and of course, some nice beads.


Start with 3 pieces 3 ft long thread and tie a knot using the center thread and start tying the knots.  Notice the alternate placing of the thread as shown.  This is to prevent it from twisting to one side.


String the beads using the center thread and continue knotting until finish and leave an
approximated allowance for the clasp as shown below.

Knotting The Clasp


Include a Gift Packaging to Make it Look Nicer


Create with Any Other Materials

I created these in two colors and attach a rose quartz to one but the other, I have yet to decide.  You can attach any number of trinkets or pendants to it and be as creative as you like and the ideas can be limitless.  


A Rose Quartz Macrame Bracelet

A Rose Quartz Macrame Bracelet with a different Kind of Clasp.




No comments:

Post a Comment